Roots Out, Pull Down, Destroy and Overthrow
Jeremiah 1:6-12 – Then said I, Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am only a youth. But the Lord said to me, say not, I am only a youth; for you shall go to all to whom I shall send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Be not afraid of them [their faces], for I am with you to deliver you, says the Lord. Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, behold, I have put My words in your mouth. See, I have this day appointed you to the oversight of the nations and of the kingdoms to root out and pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant. Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Jeremiah, what do you see? And I said, I see a branch or shoot of an almond tree [the emblem of alertness and activity, blossoming in late winter]. Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.
He put His Words in my mouth and appointed me oversight over the nations and kingdoms to root out, pull down, destroy and overthrow, and to build and to plant.
He is alert and active, watching over His word (that He gives me to speak) to perform it.
In my ministry of reigning and ruling over my life and the places of dominion He has given me, I have authority to speak the words HE gives me. These words will:
- Root out – I can root out the old plants in my life not of my Father as well as thoughts and ideas in the world around me.
- Pull down – I have weapons and authority to pull down strongholds and high places – also with the Words He gives me.
- Destroy – my words can destroy forces over the nations and kingdoms.
- Overthrow – I can overthrough dominions and principalities with my words.
- Build – I can build things God wants to build with the Words HE gives me.
- Plant – I can plant new things (thoughts, ideas, movements) with His Words.